Cairns Roads, Far North Queensland

Where are your favourite MX5 roads in the State that you live?

Moderators: timk, Stu, Andrew, -alex, miata

bruce
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA8 - Turbo

Postby bruce » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:28 pm

The further north you go, especially in Qld, the worse and narrower the roads get. The road toll is extremely high in Qld as it appears a favourite past-time to kill yourself driving, so I urge you guys not to speed.

Range Runner
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB SE

Postby Range Runner » Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:20 am

Nth Qld roads are no more dangerous than the rest of Australia, & a hell of a lot better than when I first moved here 38 years ago. I also think that blaming accidents on speeding is a gross generalisation & simplification of a complex problem, Inappropriate speed, in inexperienced hands, is definitely a killer. As are tight, narrow, badly made roads; especially if it's your first drive on them. But an experienced driver, in a well sorted sportscar, on a well known road, is neither a danger to themselves or any other road user. Despite what years of govt propaganda have indoctrinated us to believe.
So yes, if you are a novice driver (what are you doing with an MX5?), or are unfamiliar with the roads. Take it easy, till you familiarise yourself (or become a better driver). These range roads are tricky & dangerous, & no place for idiots. But if you're as good a driver as the average 5 pilot, & know the road well. Live a little, & have a bit of fun. I do.

Return to “MX5 Great Twisty Roads”