Can Any One Say GALSTONE GORGE!!

Where are your favourite MX5 roads in the State that you live?

Moderators: timk, Stu, Andrew, -alex, miata

MxJadeMonkey
Fast Driver
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Can Any One Say GALSTONE GORGE!!

Postby MxJadeMonkey » Sun Jan 22, 2006 10:01 pm

This ride is not that long (about 45 km Hornsby to Hornsby) but has two solid climbs and some steep downhills, ...
a great way to spend the day and at the top on the other side of the gorge is mx5 mania, not bad if you ask me a great drive to a great place.
1991 NA6 Velocity Blue (Ford Colour)

Bevan
Speed Racer
Vehicle: ND - 2 GT

Postby Bevan » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:18 am

Used to drive down there every weekend or two when I played cricket for Hornsby. Love having a blat down there. Helps knowing every twist though... Also be weary about one damp corner on the Galston side. Coming down the hill it's a sharp left hand (almost hairpin) corner and there's a little waterfall tucked into the bushes against the cliff-face which keeps that area a little dewy.

The Hornsby side has 7 or 8 hairpins with some twisty bits between. Galston side has no hairpins (apart from the above-mentioned corner) and is full of higher speed twisty bits and two longish straights.

Lots of fun! 8)

Andrew
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NC

Postby Andrew » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:24 am

Love those hairpins with a recommended speed limit of 5kph

JBG

Postby JBG » Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:29 pm

Did it last Sunday with an SE. I had not dríven that road for some 20 years but I was so much fun!!

edit - I did the road this morning. Heavy fog does not improve the road ( nor Berowra Waters ).

Jonathan

Return to “MX5 Great Twisty Roads”