AOMC/SHANNONS AMERICAN CAR SHOW

Victorian and Tasmanian Events

Moderators: Stu, Andrew, miata

Janette

Postby Janette » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:16 pm

Sunday, 5th April - AOMC/SHANNONS AMERICAN CAR SHOW requires 13 Marshalls to assist on the day - lunch & refreshments will be provided.

Have a fun morning and help earn money for the Club

Ring JACQUI SANDERSON - 9853 1154 - if you are able to help. 8)

Fatty
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Fatty » Tue Apr 07, 2009 1:38 pm

This was a fantastic day, i had a blast. There was a mind boggling amount of amazing, rare cars on show. Pontiacs, Stingrays, Mustangs, Camaros, Javelins, Chargers, Ford Gt40, Detomaso Pantera... actually there's no need to list them all. If it's a classic American car, it was there.... there was even a DeLorean!

The thing i really like about volunteering at these events is that you get to see and hear the cars in action (as a marshall, you direct the show cars to their positions in the display area), and hearing some of those monster engines really gets the heart racing. As a member of the public at these shows, you just get the static display of the car, you miss out on the really exciting aspect of getting up close to these vehicles while they're running.

There is another show coming up on the 17th of May, being the English / European Car Show. I did this one last year as well, and I actually prefered it to the American show as the cars are more along the lines of what I, as an mx5 owner, would consider to be classic, proper sports cars, rather than the brutish American cars. The elegance and, errr, exoticness !?? :roll: of these cars just has to be seen to be believed. Again, there are so many marques and models on display that you would just not get to see otherwise.

Anyway, if this sounds interesting to you, i highly recommend you contact Jacqui on the above number and volunteer your services for the morning. Trust me, you'll really enjoy it.

Janette

Postby Janette » Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:38 am

Fatty wrote:This was a fantastic day, i had a blast. There was a mind boggling amount of amazing, rare cars on show. Pontiacs, Stingrays, Mustangs, Camaros, Javelins, Chargers, Ford Gt40, Detomaso Pantera... actually there's no need to list them all. If it's a classic American car, it was there.... there was even a DeLorean!

The thing i really like about volunteering at these events is that you get to see and hear the cars in action (as a marshall, you direct the show cars to their positions in the display area), and hearing some of those monster engines really gets the heart racing. As a member of the public at these shows, you just get the static display of the car, you miss out on the really exciting aspect of getting up close to these vehicles while they're running.

There is another show coming up on the 17th of May, being the English / European Car Show. I did this one last year as well, and I actually prefered it to the American show as the cars are more along the lines of what I, as an mx5 owner, would consider to be classic, proper sports cars, rather than the brutish American cars. The elegance and, errr, exoticness !?? :roll: of these cars just has to be seen to be believed. Again, there are so many marques and models on display that you would just not get to see otherwise.

Anyway, if this sounds interesting to you, i highly recommend you contact Jacqui on the above number and volunteer your services for the morning. Trust me, you'll really enjoy it.

Hiya James - so very glad you enjoyed yourself on Sunday.............as for your invitation to others to give Jacqui a ring regarding the display on 17th May - I hope they do! Not only do they get a day of entertainment for free (!) the Mazda MX5 Club "earns" some money and this ultimately benefits everyone! Good on you! Janette :lol:

Return to “Victoria/Tasmania”