Queensland Raceway Saturday Night Roll Racing

Queensland Motorsport

Moderators: timk, Andrew, miata, AJ, JBT

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Queensland Raceway Saturday Night Roll Racing

Postby Magpie » Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:28 pm

Decided to test the car at QR's first ever Saturday Night Roll Racing event and not attend Maximum Attack (less money to blow if the car played up).

QR are planning on running these once a month to get racing off the street. There were about 70 cars in attendance and it went off rather well. The format is coming around Turn 6 at about 40k, when both cars are level the light goes green and you go flat out to the Finish line (normal place). Rather happy with the car out of turn 6 at 35kmh and hit 136kmh by the finish line, more than happy.

The Winmax 6.5's (newly installed) had heaps of initial bite and almost through me through the windscreen, wearing seat belt and not a harness.

Being the only 4 cyl, under 2ltr and naturally aspirated car there did make me feel a bit inadequate, however a few young kids got in the drivers seat for photo opportunities and I caught up with a few people leaving Max Attack.

Car went very well, logging dash great to use, however need to sort the warnings out.

Would be good to get a few MX5's out there next month for a bit of fun. Cost was $50 for the car and $10 for the driver and $10 for spectators.

Magpie
Speed Racer

Re: Queensland Raceway Saturday Night Roll Racing

Postby Magpie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:46 pm

Looks like next event is 31/10/15, hopefully see my more MX5's in the mix.

joshuam
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby joshuam » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:33 pm

Looks like a bit of cheap fun. How many runs did you get?
'00 Midnight Blue NB8B - 4.1 Torsen 2 | Tein Flex-Z | Enkei RP01 :)
Garage Thread: Here

Magpie
Speed Racer

Postby Magpie » Mon Sep 21, 2015 7:49 pm

I did about 6 runs and left at about 1900, it was going through to about 2200. Next time there should be more runs.

As much as I hate facebook here is a link to the QR page https://www.facebook.com/satnightrollracing

Return to “Queensland”