02/10/16 - QR AM General practice & PM Open Sprints

Queensland Motorsport

Moderators: timk, Andrew, miata, AJ, JBT

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

02/10/16 - QR AM General practice & PM Open Sprints

Postby Magpie » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:53 am

I'll be out at QR for the general practice finalising the setup of the car, testing the new tune and bedding in W6.5's on the rear :) May as well heat cycle the new AD08R's even though there is no need as they are street tyres.

General Practice - $120 for the AM you get about 80 laps of the national (depending on numbers). Last general practice was open track (no groups) http://qldraceways.com.au/competition/general-practice. If other MX5's are attending it is also a good opportunity to try out cars...

Open Sprints - $175 however QR normally offers a deal if you attend general practice and the open sprints.

adidistyle
Racing Driver
Vehicle: NA8

Re: 02/10/16 - QR AM General practice & PM Open Sprints

Postby adidistyle » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:54 pm

I'll be there. Will probably do AM too.
Adam Shipway
NA6 for track. NA8B SE (in slow progress)

MXO005
Fast Driver

Postby MXO005 » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:39 pm

A few snaps from today.
More PM than AM.

Some of the rest (ranging from terrible to truly awful) are here...
https://flic.kr/s/aHskECfMma
Ian
Silver '94 Eunos Roadster - Nothing much to report.... yet!

adidistyle
Racing Driver

Postby adidistyle » Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:47 pm

Hey thanks for posting pics Ian. And for dropping by... it's not like you were just passing! Jeff too. I think we all had a pretty good day. I am pleasantly knackered. Cheers to Mark, Jamie, Clive and Brian, who also out there in their fives.
Adam Shipway
NA6 for track. NA8B SE (in slow progress)

chefie
Fast Driver
Vehicle: NB8B

Postby chefie » Sun Oct 02, 2016 11:15 pm

Thanks Ian great pics , and Tess for the image on Magpies Flickr link

its a full day with National practice and the open sprints, absolutely smashed at the end of the 5th run today after Lakeside yesterday, Adam put down some great times and Pbs today, anyone planning on the prod sport weekend be prepared,2 days back to back is 5 times more intense than a sprint ( Brian lapped Adam and I in 6 laps that is nearly twice on club man in PSCRAQ) Thanks to Adam for sharing a pit as i was an hour late :roll: Daylight savings maybe.

all in all the other drivers and traffic was in general better that the Street sprints, bit more experience and in general understanding

really great to share the day with Mark, Adam, Clive and some new Excel rookies that really liked the mx5's

BED
98 NB8A Grace Green
LS 66.17,QR Club 69.27, QRSpr 63.58 SOLD
01 NB8B Grace Green
LS 64.66,QRNat 1.31.94,QR Club 65.17 QRSpr 62.36
93 NA8 Clubman

Magpie
Speed Racer
Vehicle: NA6

Postby Magpie » Mon Oct 03, 2016 6:44 am

Don't underestimate the power of MX5 people in large groups :)

Chefie would be nice to some video of my car from behind, shame you can't also include the smell of E85.

Magpie wrote:Last track run before WTAC 2016, no PB but more than happy with the way the car went. New tune has made the car even better to drive, W6.5's in the rear are a bonus as in the new alignment. A few things had been changed, but after a few laps I was able to churn out sub 1:30 laps with ease. Ran the new AD08R's for about 5 gentle laps and then swapped back to the old AD08R's. Did struggle to keep the tyres at around 31 hot but I'm very happy with the way it went.

I will know in a few weeks if it has all been worthwhile. Notwithstanding already working on the 2017 plan, whilst the car will be changed it will still be more about the driver, plus will remain on AD08R's, unless the WTAC control tyre changes.

Photos from the morning
https://flic.kr/s/aHskEBxFV2

Return to “Queensland”